Sunday 2 February 2014

Conventions, Producer and Target Audience


The Conventions, Producer and Target Audience:

 

For the conventions in my magazine, I plan to keep my main image and a masthead because they are the most important features on the front page of any magazine; a main coverline spreading across the front page on a slant so that it will hopefully tie in with my theme and target audience of Pop teenagers; smaller coverlines and bubble to help display and sell other stories on the front page along with the essentials of publish date, price and barcode dotted around the magazine to make the front page look bright and full of multimedia, but not too full where it’s unclear where the main story is. I think I might use a sub-image on the lower left hand side of my magazine to put with my smaller coverlines. However my decision is still undecided. I will decide when I am making my magazine, and I will see what looks better by trailing the magazine with and without sub-images. I plan for my font use to be teen related, either have the font in some sort of graffiti writing, or maybe bubble writing, so then it will hopefully appeal to the target audience. For the contents page, I again plan to use a masthead and main image along with other headings and text boxes holding extra information and also a similar layout of the front page for my double page. I plan for my colour pallet to include bright colours to make it youth like and funky, and I plan to use them colours all the way through my magazine to make the theme consistent. The colours in my colour palette will include colours such as yellow, purple, blue and maybe green. I think this will depend on the images taken, as I will need my ‘band’ to dress appealing towards female audiences and also to make them look young. This may include colours such as blue and grey to make their outfits match each other’s so none of them look out of place. If I was to change any of this, it would be due to trial and error when making my magazine, because if the theme of colours doesn’t look right, then I will change that so it does, and so on with the colours of outfits, and conventions included on the front page.

I think that if my magazine was to be sold, I think my producer would be the Publisher, Bauer Media because they cover huge music magazines and have many magazines aimed at different ages and styles of music.  I would also like Bauer Media to produce my magazine as they don't already have a teenage magazine, so this would widen their variety and this would also mean that there would be no competition for my magazine within the same publisher. I have chosen this publisher because they produce very successful magazines such as 'Q', 'Kurrang' and 'Empire', and if my magazine was to be sold, I would want mine to be just as successful as these music magazines.
 
The target audience of my text is aimed specifically at younger teenagers, possibly aged from 11-16. The magazine is mostly aimed at females, as most stories will cover the top Boy Bands of the current date, however my magazine will not be sexist, it is aimed at males too. I think the audience could be characterised into social lovers, who would want to read the magazine to find out when certain bands ans singers are in concert and if their gigs are sold out, and want to find out about all the new top bands.

If my magazine was going to be broadcasted to get publicity, I think I would be interested in the magazine being advertised on teenage tv channels so then it is somewhere teenagers will definitely see the advert. For example, if my magazine was advertised on Disney Channel and Disney Channel XD, teenagers with similar tastes in music will hopefully be persuaded to want to buy the magazine. I think it would also be useful having the magazine advertised on music channels which display the same music style so then the advert would be relevant and the target audience would be the same as the music channel.






 

1 comment:

  1. Leanne, you have written a good summary of your research and planning, identifying how this has impacted your design considerations. Frequent use of key media terminology. I would suggest adding hyperlinks, linking back to your portfolio (for example, the section on Bauer Media, you could link to your institutional research).

    ReplyDelete