Wednesday 5 February 2014

Colour Palette




Colour Palette:
Here I have created a colour palette to help me put together the colours which I would like to use on my magazine as part of my theme.






On the first row, I have selected different shades of blue as I will be taking into consideration when choosing the colours for my theme as blue is a common colour used in magazines. I have chosen these shades because depending on which one I pick, I think I'd use it for the background colour of images or texts. I really like the last two colours because the bright blue is something I would associate with youth, and the second colour because its light, so it would go really well together with the brighter blue and the lighter blue could be used for a possible glow of an outline on pictures or headings / coverlines.

On the second row, I have chosen different shades of purple because, most teenagers who read music magazines are female, and have been proved in my research, so, I have chosen a quite, girly yet uni-sexual colour which may go really well with the background of texts and images. I really like the first, darker shade of purple and the third shade of purple as I think they would also look really good together. I really like the colour of purple and think I might continue this colour in my theme for my magazine.

In the last row, I have demonstrated a selection of shades of yellow. I have  chosen this colour because its again, a bright colour which I would associate with youth and teenagers. I really like the first shade of yellow, because its very bright and eye catching. I think if I was to use this in my magazine i would use it in my theme so the colour scheme would carry on throughout the magazine and make it look professional and so it would appeal to my target audience.

I think, for my magazine I would like to use the colours purple and yellow for my theme with maybe colours of blue and green in my pictures, to break up the theme slightly to make the pages more colourful and bright. I have decided this because due to my research of teenage magazines, they like the pack the front colour with bright co,ours such as pink, yellow and blue so I think for my magazine I am going to use purple - to appeal to both sex's, but to mainly appeal to females, yellow - to brighten up the magazine and make it look like a teenagers magazine, and colours of blue and green in the pictures to add more colour and to make it look appealing and eye catching.

1 comment:

  1. Leanne - I would suggest checking the spelling of "pallet" in terms of colour.

    ReplyDelete