Thursday 24 October 2013

Analysing Previous Student Work


Analysing Previous Student Work

Name of Magazine
Strengths
Weaknesses
Grade I awarded and reason
Star Quality
 
The colour scheme is throughout: the colours of yellow, black and white carry out through al pages, giving a professional look.
Good images: the images are good as they have obviously been taken by he makers for the main image on the front page and for some of the images on the contents page and for their double page spread.
Masthead is unique: its good quality and unique

The contents page is cluttered: the images are far too big and there isn’t enough information about what is on the pages.
Photoshop work isn’t at a professional level: could have been edited a little better for better quality
B
It is very well planned out and the layout and theme is consistent, however I don’t think that the magazine I at its full potential because of the cluttered images.
TODAY!
 
The colour theme is throughout: the colours run throughout of the magazine of the colours of red white and black.
Images: the images are simple and don’t clutter the pages.
 
 
Contents page: there could have had a red background to make it look less plain and boring behind the text.

B:
This magazine was very good and I really like the colour white as a background so that the magazine wasn’t too bright and it didn’t look messy, however I again don’t think that it reached its full potential as there could have been extra colour added because too much white made the background look boring.
 

Reckless
 
Masthead: It fits with the theme of the magazine as you can easily guess what the magazine is about – reckless people ad rock music.
Theme: dark colours continue throughout – black.
 
Main Image: didn’t look very professional as even for something aimed at his magazine audience, you wouldn’t see an image as such on it, also the ‘star’ didn’t have a name on the front cover.
D:
I gave this magazine a D because it didn’t look very professional the images weren’t very good as it was badly photoshopped ad there wasn’t enough writing inside. Other fonts could have been used to look more professional to the audience.






What have I learned from looking at last year’s student work?

 
I have learned that creating a magazine looks harder that what I originally thought. I have also learnt that to make my magazine look really good I will have to keep my theme bright to fit my genre of magazine, and also, I will have to make the main image relevant to the whole magazine by thinking carefully about setting, props and costume.


How will I apply this to my own work?


I will think thoroughly about the setting of my main images to make it fit with the theme and also not over do the theme so it doesn’t look cluttered and unprofessional. I will also play around with my setting of the magazine so that everything relevant fits together and so that other images and subheadings don’t take the attention away from the main image/ story.

No comments:

Post a Comment