Tuesday 28 January 2014

Main Task Flat Plan and Written Rationale

 
FLAT PLANS
 
I have created some flat plans for my magazine planning out what I'd like my layout of the magazine to be.
 
FRONT PAGE:
 
 
The is the basic outline of how I plan to layout my magazine. I have decided for this plan to out the masthead in the top right hand side of the page and layered over the main image so that the masthead can be recognised to the readers. I have planned to put the Essentials with the masthead so that its easy to see along with the name of the magazine and also because its typically where the essential information is for other professional magazines. I have planned for the Main Image to be based in the background of the magazine so that the other information can be laid on top so its easy to read. I thought this might also be a good effect for the magazine as the people in the main image will be in the main focus in the blank spaces where there is no extra information on top. For the Coverline, I have positioned it slanty, to make it look youth like, to it will appeal to the younger readers of this Pop magazine. I thought that it would make sense if i placed the sub heading underneath the coverline as again, it is typical for young music magazines. I am also planning on having the smaller coverlines to the left side of the magazine out the way and a Skyline and bubble to show the readers what else is in the magazine.
I am planning on using the colour scheme of yellow throughout the magazine because its a quite young colour and the brightness of it makes it appealing to young teenagers, however the colour scheme is still undecided. 
 
 
 
CONTENTS PAGE:

 
 
 For the Contents page I am planning on having the masthead in the same position, side and size as the front page because based on my research its typical as it reminds the reader who the magazine belongs too. I plan to have the name 'Contents' beside the masthead in a smaller font size so that the name of the magazine is still one of the main focus' on this particular page. From my research I found it quite popular to have the main image on the front page, to have a relating image of the same person/people on the first half of the contents page to draw in readers. Underneath the main image for the contents page I plan to have two columns of page number information for the readers followed by sub images to show the readers whats on the other pages.
I definitely plan to continue the colour scheme in the background to make the colour constant and to make the music magazine have style.
 
 
DOUBLE PAGE: 

 
In my flat plan for my Double page, I have planned for the main image to again be spread across most of the two pages, leaving a little column on the left side for other information. I want the main image to be behind the headline and text of the story so then it links with the front page of the magazine and because due to my research, most magazines I looked at made the main  image apart of the background. I also plan to have other sub images around the boarders of the main image so that all the images are close together so they have a clear link. I would also like the Headline of these pages to be tilted to the right slightly, just the the coverline of the front page so that the theme of 'Pop' and youth like is carried out. I think it might be important to have the logo in small on the top right hand corner of the magazine as again due to my research, on magazines such as 'Q', they keep the logo in the top right hand corner so that the readers know its a 'Q' magazine, a 'Q' story, so the readers will want to read their story because of their name.
I would again like to carry out the theme of the colour yellow if I decide to go with that colour, possibly on the boarders of the images and in the background column to keep the colours quite bright and exciting to look at.
 

1 comment:

  1. Leanne, you have completed your flat plans, and provided a written explanation of your design choices. To improve, you could hyperlink back to your previous work, explaining how your research has informed your planning.

    ReplyDelete